Notes from an editor
by Tomás Granados
These pages are somewhat arbitrary notes, casual but with their reasonable dose of information, which express a way of putting the editor's trade into practice. There are about four dozen pieces here about people, readings, debates and practices, such as unwanted but necessary obituaries, reviews of works read and sometimes also published, comments on reading statistics, a chronicle of the long march of the single price in Mexico and an introspective examination of how useless schooling is for those who want to publish other people's books.
Without justification, then, it gathers some notes in the margin of someone who reads his profession and its current events as if they were an original that is being prepared for printing.
- «Granados Salinas relata sus vivencias como editor», Carlos Olivares Baró, La Razón de México, 21 de septiembre de 2019.
- «Tomás Granados reflexiona sobre el oficio editorial», Yanet Aguilar Sosa, El Universal, 13 de septiembre de 2019.
- «‘Una verdadera estrategia de lectura pasa por crear buenas bibliotecas’: Tomás Granados», Héctor González, Aristegui Noticias, 10 de septiembre de 2019.
- «‘Extinción del libro, sólo falsa alarma’: Tomás Granados», Juan Carlos Talavera, Excelsior, 4 de septiembre de 2019.
- «Marginalia sin justificar», Camilo Ayala Ochoa. Revista de la Universidad de México, núm. 849, junio 2019, pp. 156-159.
Tomás Granados Salinas is an editor, so he knows a little bit about everything and has expertise in nothing. He has translated some works and written short stories, a biography of Euclid for young people and an illustrated history of books. He spent happy years and some bitter hours as editorial director at the Fondo de Cultura Económica. Today he directs the collection Books about Books and heads the publishing house Grano de Sal.
Trama editorial is an independent publishing house specialized on the universe of books. Our collection of memoirs and critical essays by the most important players in the publishing ecosystem has become a reference library in the book world.View all titles
- Publisher/Imprint Trama editorial / Tipos Móviles
- Orginal LanguageSpanish
- ISBN/Identifier 9788494846571
- Publication Country or regionSpain
- Primary Price 21 EUR
- Publish StatusPublished
- Original Language TitleSin justificar
- Copyright Year2019
- Dimensions145 x 205 mm
Books From Spain has chosen to review this offer before it proceeds.
You will receive an email update that will bring you back to complete the process.
You can also check the status in the My Offers area
Please wait while the payment is being prepared.
Do not close this window.