This exciting new edition of a popular book offers the reader the following new elements:
- explicit advice on how to link science to cross-curricular learning
- updated advice on planning and assessment
- guidance on how to accommodate personalised learning within science
- more on games to use in science
- more on creativity
- more on questioning techniques, an important aspect of scientific enquiry
- a whole new chapter on using ICT to teach science.
There are lots of practical examples, and clear guidance on how to turn theory into creative and lively science lessons and activities. Examples of children's work are included, and there are plenty of helpful case studies.
Hellen Ward is Senior Lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University, a widely-published author and a frequent presenter at conferences. Judith Roden is Principal Lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University, and a successful author.
Claire Hewlett and Julie Foreman are both Senior Lecturers at Canterbury Christ Church University.