This fully updated edition of Statistics for Research explains statistical concepts in a straight-forward and accessible way using practical examples from a variety of disciplines. If you're looking for an easy-to-read, comprehensive introduction to statistics with a guide to SPSS, this is the book for you!
The new edition features:
- Clear explanations of all the main techniques of statistical analysis
- A brand new student-friendly, easy-to-navigate design
- Even more step-by-step screenshots of SPSS commands and outputs
- An extensive glossary of terms, ideal for those new to statistics
- End of chapter exercises to help you put your learning into practice
- A new, fully updated companion website (www.uk.sagepub.com/argyrous3) with comprehensive student and lecturer resources including additional, discipline specific examples and online readings and WebCT/Blackboard quizzes.
This is the ideal textbook for any course in statistical methods across the health and social sciences and a perfect starter book for students, researchers and professionals alike.