In this new edition, internationally recognized assessment expert Kay Burke provides an updated, comprehensive six-step walk-through of how to create tasks that promote learning for all students and how to write rubrics linked straight to the requirements of state standards and the No Child Left Behind Act. Burke demonstrates how to build a performance task unit as the ideal curriculum framework for clustering standards and differentiating instruction within a single cohesive unit of study. She shows how to share checklists and rubrics with students for ongoing formative assessment and self assessment.
Teachers and administrators will find everything they need, including:
- Templates for all six steps
- Tools and tips to help teachers build their own tasks, checklists, and rubrics
- Theory, examples, applications, and explanations to help apply the six-step process
- Guidance for differentiating for special needs within standards-linked tasks
- Sample tasks, rubrics, and units
The new edition of From Standards to Rubrics in 6 Steps provides the path and tools for flow-through from standards to rubrics to high student achievement.