A Complete Guide to the Support Group Method : Incorporating a New Edition of the Bestselling Book Crying for Help
Previously referred to as the No Blame Approach, the pioneering work of George and Barbara has been popular amongst practitioners seeking an alternative method to punishment for dealing with bullying in their setting. This publication incorporates an updated edition of their best selling 'Crying for Help' and provides a clear practical guide and an explanation of the theory and values underpinning the work.
For those who are interested in understanding, using and evaluating the method this book:
- Explains how the Support Group Method began
- Charts the recent controversy over the approach
- Gives step by step guidance on using the SGM
- Includes real life accounts from a practitioner using the method
- Answers frequently asked questions.
The publication includes George and Barbara's submission to the House of Commons Education Select Committee and a research report provided by Professor Peter K Smith who was commissioned to evaluate the use of the method.
Also available: The Support Group Method Training Pack by Barbara Maines and George Robinson