Every early years setting strives to create a calm and positive atmosphere, where children can thrive and develop as successful and confident learners.
By asking you to reflect on how the ethos, practice and general approach in your setting impacts on the behaviour of both children and adults, this book suggest sensible ways to achieve an exciting and stimulating environment for all.
From an award-winning author team, there is down-to-earth advice, a number of common-sense solutions and all the essential information you will need to develop the best sort of setting, where everyone supports one another.
Chapters offer guidance on:
- creating an enabling environment for all
- developing a team-based approach
- considering the whole child
- working with parents, and other professionals
- observing and assessing behaviour
- sharing good practice
There are also:
- case studies of children between 0 to 5 years
- sample policies
- lots of photocopiable material, on the CD-Rom that comes with the book
Suitable for all early years students and practitioners, this book is an encouraging read that will inspire you and help you to improve behaviour in your class or setting.